Our Volcano Tours are the Best!
We began differentiating our tours by improving on the obvious. We bought better buses and gourmet food. Then the hard part, after analyzing the market for Pearl Harbor tours, we created our tours based on the following concepts:
1. Creating the Script
Our company’s philosophy is to provide consistency, accurate information and an entertaining narration for our visitors. We do so by writing a detailed script, from which our guides are trained. We went to the road taking notes of as much detail that can be seen of historical significance. We then research the legends, history, and any interesting facts or trivia regarding the route.
The script carefully balances entertainment, captivating legends, historical information, and background music for visitors to relax making the trip a memorable experience.
To enhance the experience our tour guides’ narration is scripted and presented in 4 minute intervals:
• 4 Minutes History
• 4 Minutes Hawaiian Legends
• 4 Minutes Hawaiian Music
• 4 Minutes Jokes & Small Talks
• 4 Minutes of the Tour Guide NOT Talking (allowing the guest to enjoy the scenery and digest the info that has been shared.)
2. “Making” the DHT Tour Guide
A tour guide is the most important component of a tour because he/she provides the experience.
• Our guides undergo thorough safety training, defensive drivingcourses, and CPR classes.
• All drivers have CDL — commercial driver’s licenses, which require more training and testing than standard driver’s licenses.
• We drug test randomly.
• Guides understand that “the customer is always right.”
• Guides are trained to be educators and entertainers at the same time.
• Guides are tested on presentation of tour, ensuring the presentation is “natural” and does not seem scripted, yet it is.
Competitors’ Tour Guides
• Are not trained with scripts, allowing the tour guides to say whatever comes to mind; similar to giving a 10 hour speech without notes.
• Are the “encyclopedia guides” that will bore you with all types of facts and historical days.
• The “joker guide” the has an outgoing personality and can tell you a million jokes but cannot answer any questions or share any information.
3. Goodwill & Relationship with the National Park
• We have fostered goodwill with the National Park